About Hickory Creek, Texas
- Hickory Creek, Texas: A town in Denton County, part of the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex and the Lake Cities. It has a population of over 3,000 people and was incorporated in 1963.
- History of Hickory Creek: The town was established by the railroad in 1847 and named after a local doctor. It grew rapidly after World War II and annexed Woodland Hills in 1974.
- Economy and development of Hickory Creek: The town has a sales tax-funded economic development corporation, several major employers and corporate headquarters, a convention center, a multi-purpose arena, and three shopping complexes. It also has many luxury hotels and recreation facilities.
- Culture and events of Hickory Creek: The town hosts the Allen USA Celebration, a large annual festival with fireworks, music, and food. It also has a public golf course, an ice rink, a skate park, and many parks. It has one public library and a STEAM center for education.
- Politics and government of Hickory Creek: The town is a member of the North Central Texas Council of Governments and has a council-manager form of government. It has shifted towards the Democratic Party in recent elections and is represented by state and federal officials.
- Transportation and education of Hickory Creek: The town is served by several major roadways and freeways, but not by the DART train system. It is close to two major airports. It has one school district with 18 elementary schools, three middle schools, one high school, and one college campus. It also has a technical campus for workforce education.
Q: Is Hickory Creek TX a good place to live?
A: Yes, Hickory Creek, TX is generally considered to be a good place to live. The town has a low crime rate, good schools, and a variety of amenities and activities for residents to enjoy. The cost of living in Hickory Creek is also relatively affordable, making it a great place to live for families and individuals alike.
Q: What county is Hickory Creek TX in?
A: Hickory Creek is located in Denton County, Texas.
Q: What is the history of Hickory Creek Texas?
A: Hickory Creek was established in 1963 with a population of 219. The town’s name came from a nearby creek. The number of residents remained relatively same throughout the 1970s but increased in 1980 to 1,422. At the turn of the century, it reached 2,078 and rose to 3,247 in 2010.
I hope this helps!